CONCEPT DESIGN ACADEMY - SPRING 2017 TERMS OF SERVICE
1. REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Registration is based on a first come first serve system. A student is considered registered only when the full payment is received (Only online Credit Card, Debit Card payment is accepted through Paypal. No check payment accepted. For international early enrollment students, an additional charge may apply for Paypal or Bank Money wire. Please contact us for more details).
- An Enrollment Processing Fee of $15 for the first class and $5 for each class after (fees non-refundable, labeled as "shipping" on the store receipt) applies to all students on each payment transaction for all 10 week classes. For Waiting List Tickets and Monthly Guest Workshops purchases, there are no Enrollment Processing Fee required.
- (*** Update - Storenvy charges a "Storenvy Fee" or "Handling Fee" for all purchases made through their online custom store service. This charge is placed by Storenvy and is an one time charge for each purchase transaction that will be paid by the buyer. Storenvy charge at around $0.99 per transaction for anything over $1 and $0.59 for anything under $1. As we receive more information from Storenvy on this new policy, we will keep everyone updated here on the registration information section. For more details about the handling fee, you can find info on Storenvy's customer service page at https://support.storenvy.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2522251-what-is-the-handling-fee- ***)
- An International Student Registration Fee of $150 (non-refundable) applies to all international students for early enrollment.
(*** International student enrollment is created to help students who have to relocate from overseas in order to attend the classes at CDA. To qualify for international student enrollment, the student will need to show proof of foreign citizenship and have traveled to US within a month before the semester starts.***)
- All international early enrollments are taken on a first come first serve basis. Each class is limited to a 50% cap for the amount of international students allowed to enroll early per class.
- The maximum classes allowed for international student through early enrollment is 5 classes. For any additional classes, the student will need to sign up through the regular public enrollment process.
- International Students are required to contact and inform the school of their status 2~3 month before the semester start date in order to receive the international student early enrollment instructions.
- Registration deadline for all ten week courses is on Wednesday, Feb. 1st, 2017.
- Class size is limited to 16-22 students max for design classes and 16~24 students max for studio classes (traditional drawing & painting).
- Workshop class limit will vary depending on instructor's request. Usually it will vary between 20-60 students max.
- Student must be at least 18 years of age for all courses with live nude models.
- Students are required to submit their full name & accurate phone number during the online registration process. This will allow us to properly enroll each student and be able to contact them during special emergencies or class cancellation situations.
- *** For all advance courses that require portfolio review, a full payment of the class is needed before the review can take place. After the review results are announced, the class payments will be fully refunded to those who are not accepted. The portfolio review will take place each Saturday after the portfolios have been collected at 6PM. The results will be announced within 2 weeks after the review.
- *** All waiting list ticket purchases are valid only for the same semester it was purchased. At the end of each semester, the waiting list tickets will expire and is no longer valid for future semesters.
2. MULTIPLE COURSE DISCOUNTS (MCD)
- For any student who enrolls in 3 ten-week-courses in the same semester is eligible for $200 credit toward the monthly guest workshops. The promotion applies only to the same semester as the offer is given and it is not transferable. Any unused portion of the MCD credit will be expired by the end of the semester and can not be credited for any cash value. If a student cancels one of the three courses, this will disqualify the student from the discount and the $200 workshop discount will no longer be refunded from the workshop purchase.
- *** During the online enrollment, students are required to pay the full tuition including the workshop they wish to apply their MCD credit for. The $200 workshop credit will later be refunded back to their credit card after their MCD qualification is approved (at the end of the semester). ***
3. COURSE CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
- Concept Design Academy reserves the right to cancel any course, limit course size, or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule should it be necessary. All 10 week courses must meet the minimum student requirements by Wednesday, Feb 1st, 2017 or the course will be cancelled.
Minimum students requirement for ten week course = 8 students must be enrolled
Minimum students requirement for workshop = 12 students must be enrolled (18 for out-of-town guest workshops)
- Any course cancelled due to minimum student requirement will be announced by Thursday, Feb. 2nd, 2017.
- Any workshop cancelled due to minimum student requirement will be announced the Wednesday before the workshop date.
- MCD cancellations and transfers will cost the same as a regular class cancellation or transfer in policy.
- If an instructor must leave a course after the course has begun, and no suitable substitute is available, the students will be refunded a prorated amount based on the number of courses that were actually held.
- Due to reasons such as instructor sick day, family emergencies, storm, earthquake, fire, flood, or other unforeseen circumstances, Concept Design Academy reserves the right to push any class back 1 week in schedule if necessary. Students are strongly recommended to plan their schedule with some flexibility in mind to avoid schedule conflicts.
4. REFUND POLICY
- All workshop & 10 week course prices include a non-refundable $50 deposit.
- *** For all workshops, there is a no refund policy for cancellations WITHIN 7 days before the start of the workshop or anytime afterwards ***
- Refund Request must be received in writing or via e-mail, and will go in effect on the date received. You must REQUEST A RETURN RECEIPT for any e-mail refund request. The date opened is the date received.
- All waiting list ticket purchase are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- 10 week course refunds will be issued per the following:
- 100% refund MINUS THE NON-REFUNDABLE $50 DEPOSIT
will be issued for courses cancelled BEFORE 7 days from the 1st day of the course.
- 80% refund MINUS THE NON-REFUNDABLE $50 DEPOSIT
will be issued for courses cancelled WITHIN 7 days before the course start date.
- 50% refund MINUS THE NON-REFUNDABLE $50 DEPOSIT
will be issued for courses cancelled on the 1st course date and before the 2nd course date.
- No refund will be issued for courses cancelled on or after the 2nd course date.
- PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 4 WEEKS TO PROCESS REFUNDS.
- All students must e-mail a transfer request in order to transfer from one course to another.
- There is a $25 fee for all transfers (if there is space available).
- If the cost of the new course transferred into is less than the initial course, the regular refund policy will apply.
- Last day for 10 week course transfer is before the 2nd course start date (Last minute transfer request on the date of the second class meeting will not be honored).
- *** For all portfolio review required classes/workshops, there is no transfer allowed once a student have submitted their portfolio for the review process. In this circumstance, a student can only transfer for free or refund once they have "not" been accepted into the advanced/portfolio review required class they have applied for. ***
- Every student is responsible for managing their schedule to attend the classes they have enrolled each week. For any class a student missed, CDA is not responsible or obligated to providing any make up session. Since we can not refund any missed classes or provide make-up sessions, we strongly advise students to attend every session in order to get the most from each course.
- In very special emergency cases, CDA will do our best to help a student catch up on the lesson if a student missed his or her class due to one of the three unfortunate events listed bellow:
1) Death in family
2) Sever illness (doctor's note required)
3) Car collision/accident (car disabled due to collision)
In these three special cases, please contact CDA through email@example.com e-mail ASAP so we can do our best to help you stay updated on the course missed.
7. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
- At Concept Design Academy, we do our absolute best to uphold high ethic standards. We prefer to settle disagreements by clear communication and mutual respect. By registering for a class, you commit to having any legal disputes settled by an independent arbitration committee.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ATTENDANCE TO ANYONE.
8. SUBSTITUTION POLICY
- Concept Design Academy reserves the right to provide qualified substitute for its scheduled instructors in the event of professional or personal changes in schedule.
9. MATERIALS POLICY
- Concept Design Academy does not provide any computers or software for students on campus and might require it for some of the digital courses.
For the computer required classes, the students are responsible for providing their own computers hardware & software.
10. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
- Concept Design Academy is not accredited and will only issue a Certificate of Completion for the following purposes:
1) CSATTF grant reimbursement for pre-approved Animation, Art Directors and Costume Designers Guild members.
2) Special request from company HR department for employee training tuition reimbursement purpose.
- The Certificate of Completion is only a paper work to state the student have attended the course, it has no college credit value.
- Concept Design Academy will not be able to issue a Certificate of Completion if the student has missed 3 or more classes in a 10 week course or if the student has missed 30% or more of the special monthly workshop they have signed up for.
- The Certificate of Completion will be issued to qualifying students within 1~2 weeks after the last day of the school semester.
- Besides the certificate, students will also need to submit their Paypal and Storenvy receipt to CSATTF to start their refund process. If you are missing a Storenvy e-mail receipt due to being a waiting list enrollment rather than online sign up, please let us know and we can issue you a separate letter to CSATTF to explain the situation. In that case, our letter can act as a receipt/invoice to proof your class enrollment.
By enrolling into a course or workshop at Concept Design Academy, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand Concept Design Academy's Spring 2017 Terms of Service and agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth.
If you have any questions about our Terms of Service, please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail anytime before you enroll: firstname.lastname@example.org or TEL 818-669-4657